For the love of something

I have struggled over the last few months, to find something positive to write to about.
I have been uninspired and couldn't be arsed about anything.

I wanted to write but genuinely didn't want to put any more negative thoughts into the world and really well I needed a boost of some sort,

Anyone who knew me as a kid, knew I couldn't stand still. I needed to move and dance and I genuinely communicated through interpretive dance. It drove my mom crazy

I don't know if I lost that creative spark, or if by becoming more serious, but those random bursts of movement became less and less over the last 15 years (sad hey?)

I then saw this article on a friends FB wall and I thought, maybe if I started dancing again, I would have the energy to return to gym and refocus my health efforts.

It did so much more. From the time I stepped back into the Salsa class (which while it was recommended I buy dancing shoes, I was like err yeah lets see how the first month goes)
ha! after 2 classes , I feel the tetonic shift in me and didn't even realise it.

My first inkling was a week ago when I heard a random song on the radio in the office, stood up, did a quick 2 step, twirled and sat down. A colleague looked at me, as if I had pulled out a machete, but yes, small burst of creative energy and my afternoon changed. I was reenergised.

Tonight, we went to the grandwhite dinner, which I thought was going to be moer pretentious and very high brow, Far from it! The DJ played everything, from Shabba Ranks, to Bob Marley and even Pitbull and I.could.not.sit.still https://instagram.com/p/zYMzGqOv5O/?modal=true


I have not felt this alive or this free in a long while.

Truly, my spirit is reawakened

Love Dance and all that Jazz<- teehee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hijab - my weakness

The last 2 years

Talking Snack!