Following Rivers

In a conversation with fellow blogger Ridi we were talking about old fashioned values and what we're afraid of.

Fear: People are not necessarily racist but we're all arseholes, trying to differentiate ourselves from each other. even if that means condescending. We're lonely, even when we have lovers,spouses and friends.

Kindness:  we don't practice this often enough, with ourselves or with others, the constant voice in our head berating our efforts is louder than the compassionate response of " I tried so hard"

Following the river: it is a metaphor for seeing purpose in nature and living inside of nature <- is what he said. Such a clever chap. but its more than that, its walking away from the complications and simplifying your life.

My moving to CapeTown in a month: Its my own return to nature, to the soil, because its where we have come from and to where we will return. CT is my river that I am following, as I try to untangle the roots of my life. My relationships, to people, things, money and successes, is the next step in my journey.

My life is in God's hands ultimately. And through his grace I found forgiveness for myself, and for those who hurt me (and I caused hurt too) is that I have learnt. Learning was the lesson. not the moral of the story.

I haven't stagnated, I paused, I strategised and now I engage 



Thank you Prof (ex) for helping me see the lessons

xx

Comments

Ridwan said…
I wish you well my sista as you follow your river in search of balance.

Already you are well on your way.

Please keep sharing your journey here or I will be forced to call you often to get the details.

Much luv to you and moms,
Ridwan
Aasia said…
Thanks Ridi xoxox

Popular posts from this blog

Hijab - my weakness

The last 2 years

Talking Snack!