For Ridi, Muslim,Taoist, Fighter,Friend

June is a month that has been overshadowed by death and grieving and Ramadaan
As I start coming to terms with my moms passing which has been a carnival ride on its own. 

I search inwards and question upwards. A very good friend Ridwan called me when he heard the news and offered words of comfort as I knew her birthday was coming up on the 2nd of July. He spoke me off an emotional ledge that Sunday night and helped me cope. Nothing prepared me for the phone call on that 2nd July my moms 69th birthday, from Ridi's colleagues to tell me that he succumbed to a heart attack on that very day. Allah grant him Jannah, he was an amazing man and I will sorely miss his counsel and witty remarks about life. We had a pact, that if by 2015 neither of us were married, we would marry each other. There was so much of him I saw in myself. and I will honour his memory by trying to be the woman he saw in me

Ridwan
wonderful
you are following your river
it flows freely when you untangle
and the hard times become good times
eventually
the duality of life
Aasia Fredericks
yin and yang
Ridwan
we have because at time we are without
true
won't know up
if there is no down
the balance is treating both the same
the hard part is to do that
good and bad are just the same thing
being indifferent is the hard part

You are a kind human being
Keep pressing the good fight
It is worth it all

Comments

Unknown said…
there's a thing that someone told me once, that life isn't good or bad, it is.

I'm not sure I believe it, but there's a gorgeous swathe of people that help you realise that a part of it can be true, and they help unlock that attitude and acceptance inside of you.

It sucks when they've gone, but it's almost a clever test they offer you: how would I deal with my being gone?

Or something

Popular posts from this blog

Hijab - my weakness

Talking Snack!

The last 2 years