She and I

We sat on the couch, her icy feet tucked under my shirt on my stomach to get them warm.
She had pain and I gave comfort.

She held my hand and said the nasty words "My cancer is back"
I had pain and she gave comfort.

Making plans together on the couch watching series.
"this time is bad and we have to accept"
We had pain and God comforted.

Moaning noises wake me from a restless sleep
Pain induced tears and frantic phone calls
She needed help and I needed God.

The flashing red of the ambulance lights,
against early morning rain, not a sound could be heard.
She left and I remained.

أَسْأَلُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ رَبَّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ أَنْ يَشْفِيَكَ
"I ask Allah who is the Lofty and the Lord of the Mighty Throne that He cures you"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hijab - my weakness

Talking Snack!

The last 2 years