I had to quit her

"It was never going to work between you and I ",she said to me,
I looked down wishing the the ground would swallow me up entirely.

"You ignored me while your friends were around. You went out of your way to be with them
So much so, you left me alone. You didn't even notice me walk away."

I couldn't breathe I was so sad and the urge to run after her
There was so much I wanted to say,

Like telling her although THIS time I didn't mean it.
This time I had no control
That I still loved her, but that I knew if was for the best

its been almost 3 weeks since I last smoked.
Although I miss her (My Amy Winhouse bad habit)terribly
I can't believe I was able to leave her behind.



Comments

Toyer said…
Congrats Cuz, it feels good though does it not?
13th Feb will be a year for me, keep going, just keep that mind active, it gets easier :)
Aasia said…
Thanks Toyer. I genuinely didn't mean to give it up when i did. Best mistake ever
Az said…
Congrats! My Dad smoked up to 40 cigarettes for 35 years and one day he decided to quit - and he did. And it wasn't easy and he went through some difficult times but today it's been 6 years since that initial day and InshaAllah it stays that way. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Popular posts from this blog

Hijab - my weakness

The last 2 years

Virtue Signalling and the right brand of Islam in the Muslim community